Call for applications for PhD position
3-year full time funding starting Feb. 2021
Starting in February 2021 the Seafront project will host a 3-year PhD student at the Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum (RGZM) Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Archäologie in collaboration with the Johannes Gutenberg Universität zu Mainz.
- Archaeological and palaeoclimatic research of Meso- and Neolithic transition sites of the Mediterranean
- Geochemical analyses of mollusc shells (oxygen isotopes + trace elements)
- Compilation of reference collection of modern mollusc specimens
- Master-degree in Archaeology or Geosciences, preferable with a focus in prehistory or palaeoclimate (certificate to be produced prior to start of contract)
- Experience in coastal archaeology, environmental archaeology or neolithic archaeology. Experience in sclerochronology (if geoscientific background)
- Language skills in Italian or Greek (modern) are beneficial
- A versatile and challenging job opportunity with high flexibility
- Enrolment into the PhD-programme of the Johannes-Gutenberg-University
- Integration into an international research network
- Employment within the EG 13 TV-L payment group (100%; ~50,000€)
- Participation in pension scheme
The Leibniz Research Institute for Archaeology promotes gender equality and the compatibility of family and work. We are officially certified by the berufundfamilie audit.
People with disabilities will be given preference if they are otherwise equally suitable professionally and personally (please enclose proof of disability).
Costs that arise in connection with your application cannot be reimbursed.
Please send applications to email@example.com (deadline: 15th November). We expect to hold online-interviews at the end of November.
- a letter describing how you meet the requirements of the job
- CV (no photo)
- 2 reference letters
- 1-page research proposal in connection with the project ( seafront-project.com )
Please send questions regarding this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org